Piers Morgan claims Lady Gaga used PTSD to promote new album




Piers Morgan has challenged claims that Lady Gaga suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The pop singer, who spoke last week about her condition which was triggered by sexual assault and past traumas, faced criticism from the TV presenter, who said her admission was “vainglorious nonsense”.

In an interview with Gaga in New York which aired on NBC on 6 December, the musician explained how she had been raped at the age of 19 by a man who was 20 years older. “I told the kids today that I suffer from a mental illness,” she said in a Today show interview. “I suffer from PTSD. I’ve never told anyone that before, so here we are. But the kindness that’s shown to me by doctors as well as my family, and my friends, it’s really saved my life.”

Lady Gaga’s latest album, Joanne, released last autumn, was notable for its inward-looking tone, reflecting on her life’s experiences.

Morgan, however, has claimed that the singer used her latest revelation to “promote” her career. “I come from a big military family,” he wrote on Twitter. “It angers me when celebrities start claiming ‘PTSD’ about everything to promote themselves.”

copyright:
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/dec/14/lady-gaga-piers-morgan-claims-used-ptsd-to-promote-album

Comments